Whenever Gunpowder (Homeopathy) is indicated in a case, a keyword comes in our mind “healing”.
Materia Medica Tips – 33
This remedy is known by several common names such as Black powder, Brown powder, Carbon-sulfur-kali-nitricum, Poudre a canon, etc.
Historically, its is a black or brown substance consisting of an intimate mechanical mixture of potassium nitrate (saltpeter; nitre), charcoal, and sulfur. Gunpowder was the first and only explosive used in gunnery and blasting, until it was eventually replaced by more powerful organic nitrogen compounds. It is now used primarily to detonate other explosives.
In homeopathy the inherent medicinal powers of this substance was achieved by triturating it. Usually, it is used in lower potencies such as 3x, 6x, 8x, 30ch etc.
History and authority: Boericke: Materia Medica and Repertory
- An excellent blood purifier in low potency. Helps healing after extraction of abscessed tooth
- It is antipsoric, anti-syphilitic and anti-sycotic.
- Cuts, poisoned
- Ivy (Hedera) poisoning
- Tonsillitis, septic
- Wounds that refuse to heal
Synthesis Repertory Rubrics
- GENERALS – ABSCESSES
- GENERALS – CONVALESCENCE; ailments during – septic fever; after
- GENERALS – FOOD POISONING
- GENERALS – INFLAMMATION – operation; after
- GENERALS – INFLAMMATION – Bones; of – Bone marrow; of
- GENERALS – INFLAMMATION – Externally
- GENERALS – INFLAMMATION – Lymphatic vessels
- GENERALS – SEPTICEMIA, blood poisoning
- GENERALS – SEPTICEMIA, blood poisoning – ailments from
- RECTUM – FISTULA
- Canon Upcher finds that occasional doses of Hepar highly increase its effects.
- Calendula externally is also complementary.
- Thuja, Silica, Baryta carb. (septic tonsils) agree very well.